Saturday, November 12, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Saturday!!

Awkward:

  • Our washers are moody here and sometimes steal our money. When that happens, we're supposed to walk to the central building and ask for a reimbursement. Hi umm . . .  can I have 50 cents back please??  
  • Walking around the library by myself while carrying a map and wearing a pair of earphones. Nothing says, "I'm a freshman" like doing the audio library tour. 
  • Hearing somebody call my name in the cafeteria only to realize after looking all around that they were shouting for a different Emily. THERE ARE TOO MANY EMILY'S IN THIS WORLD PEOPLE! 
  • Being kicked out of a group study room in the library that I didn't reserve. 
  • Falling asleep in the library with my laptop on my lap only to wake up to a stranger next to me saying, "You studying for nutrition too?" Umm hi . . . nice to meet you. Wait. Were you looking at my screen while I was sleeping? Creep. 
  • The fact that 3 of the 5 posts above occurred in the library.

Awesome:

  • The classical music section of the library. 
  • Even better? The classical music section of the library playing christmas music. 
  • The helium tank my roommate's mom sent us in the mail. (Did she really think we'd use it to blow up balloons?) ha I guess it's a nice thought :) 
  • Getting to go do service this morning. It was a great way to start off my day :) 
  • Making a wish at 11:11 am AND pm on 11/11/11 (Does that make my wish 11 times more likely to come true?)
  • Getting to observe kindergartners through a hidden observation window. For the first time in my life I literally felt like a fly on the wall . . . and I loved it :) haha 
  • One of my roommates laughs at EVERYTHING I say . . .  she probably doesn't even think anything of it, but to be honest it always makes me feel so good that at least one person thinks my sarcastic remarks are funny.  
  • Blind date tonight! I'm just going to assume it's going to be awesome :) 
  • My little brothers bought my mom rollerblades for her birthday. Yep! She's officially a Roski Rollerblader now :) 


And as a bonus post just for you:

My NOT Awesome List:

  • I'm out of canned peaches. 
  • Having all my midterms in the same week. 
  • Having a non-stop headache since I can remember. 
  • Did I mention I'm out of canned peaches?
Comment below with you own awkwards and awesomes!

1 comment:

  1. Awkward: the fact that I spend more time than I admit in the library doing equally as nerdy things..
    Awesome: Finding your BLOG!! Blogger wardies for lifeeee.

    ReplyDelete