Friday, November 11, 2011

I Need A Hero . . .

In the spirit of 11/11/11, here is my wish (I wrote it in poetic form). Please play the song as you read - they're intended to go together :) And don't forget to make a wish yourself!

I need a hero.

I need a hero who understands me.

I need a hero who will love and respect me. 

I need a hero I can open my heart to, without being scared he'll just hand it right back.

I need a hero who will be there for me through the thick and thin, and through the joys and pains of life. 

I need a hero who will hold me all through the night, and carry me in his thoughts through the day.

I need a hero who will love me most when I least deserve his love. 

I need a hero who will catch my tears as they run down my cheek


I need a hero who will appreciate me. 

I need a hero . . .

--------

. . . And when I find my hero,

I will understand him.

I will love and respect him.

I will listen when he opens his heart to me, and make sure he knows I'll never leave.

I will be there for him through the thick and thin, and through the joys and pains of life.

I will be there with him through the night, and keep him in my thoughts through the day.

I will love him most when he least deserves my love.

I will catch his tears as they run down his cheek.

I will appreciate him.

I will be his hero.

3 comments:

  1. You deserve one and you'll find one! He'll be one lucky, lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you're a poet. Did you know it?
    But anyways. I wished for just about the same thing, except for not so poetically, and I think this post is great :)

    ReplyDelete