Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Christmas Message to You



 Just as with the family in this video, too often I see people that become so consumed with the materialistic things of Christmas, even to the point where they'll fight and tackle each other in the stores on black friday just to buy presents for everyone. Don't get me wrong, giving gifts is a wonderful thing, but not when it consumes us in a manner like that. I'm sure one time or another we've all be caught up in this Spirit of Christmas, but is that really what we want this holiday season to be about? 

Since I had brain surgery on the 23rd of December, I was still in the hospital over Christmas last year. People came and visited the children in the hospital on that day, but because I was in the Adult Neuro ICU, nobody came. 

Then, just as the sun was beginning to set, a man holding an acoustic guitar quietly walked into my hospital room. He asked my parents if he could sing a quite Christmas hymn to me. 

As he began to sing The Little Drummer Boy, a quiet, peaceful Spirit filled the entire room. The love surrounding us was indescribable and I had never felt anything like it before. 

Looking back on this experience, I realized this was the first time that I truly felt the Spirit of Christ. He did not come dressed up as Santa Claus to bring me presents or gifts, because he knew that's not what Christmas is really about. He carried the Spirit of Christ with him, and I am so grateful that I was blessed enough to have it shared with me. 

So here's my message to you: As you go home this Christmas, I encourage you to instead be filled with the Spirit of Christ, bringing peace, love, joy, comfort, warmth, and happiness to all this season. 
Merry Christmas.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment