Friday, December 30, 2011

I've been lazy...

I apologize for being so behind in my posting. I think I kinda needed a break from everything that reminded me of work...which included this blog. Although this was more pleasant work, it was still work, and I was burnt out after finals week. But after the long break, I'm back (haha at least for the moment). Anyway, I found this article in the newspaper called, "Proven Stress Management Techniques" and I thought I'd share it with you since it seemed sorta relevant to this post. 

BREATH, BREATH, BREATH,
take a deep cleansing breath as often as you
can remember to, maybe even learn a
breathing exercise


BE THANKFUL for something every day, say 
them out loud, write them down, keep a
list, post them on your refrigerator
In winter, do just a little bit less
Spend less, agree to spend less,
tell others you are spending less
Eat a little less food, coffee, alcohol
Get a house plant
Drink more water
Exercise, endorphins help you feel better


Put full spectrum light bulb in your home
Stretch a little, learn a little yoga, or tia chi


Meditate
Get a massage 
Play a game, do a puzzle
Buy flowers
Go for a walk
Watch your favorite movie
Tell a joke, LAUGH, SMILE
it's good for you and your brain
Spread good cheer
Do something small for someone else
SMILE as often as you can


Sing a song. hummmmm
Tone Ahhhhhhh and Ohhhhhhh
Read a book
Take a short nap


Pet your cat or dog
Get a haircut or your nails done


Go fishing


Use aromatherapy
Dress warm
Take a bath
Play good music
Go out and just watch nature
Look at the stars
Write in a journal
Draw, paint, create


Make something
Clean a little, organize a little
Day dream a little 
Call a friend or relative and say "Hi"   

No comments:

Post a Comment