Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Languages

I'm sure by now you've heard of the 5 Love Languages, but if not, they are:

1. Quality Time
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Acts of Service
4. Physical Touch
5. Receiving Gifts

Basically different people respond to these five in different ways, and the theory is that if you meet someone that speaks the same love language as you, you're more compatible to each other. 

So of course my roommates decided to take the online quiz to find out which language we spoke. Before taking it, my guess was that my top two were quality time and physical touch because I have always been drawn to physical affection from others and I love just being in their presence. I also knew that receiving gifts and words of affirmation would most likely be at the bottom of the list because in both these cases, I feel bad when I receive a gift or kind words from someone because I didn't think to give them a gift or say the sweet thing that they said. Obviously I felt the same way, but that just wasn't the way I expressed it. 

After taking the quiz, my number #1 love language was physical touch with quality time in a close second. Acts of service came third with words of affirmation as fourth and receiving gifts as last. Haha looks like I didn't need the quiz to tell me what I liked. 

Take the quiz yourself (click here) and post your results in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. It was difficult for me to choose between the different ones because I feel like they all are important to me, if that makes sense! I was really high on Acts of Service (9), Words of Affirmation (8), and Quality Time (7); 4 on physical touch and 2 on receiving gifts....haha. I thought so! Your's fit so well! :)

    ReplyDelete